Subject: Re: Promise docs
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Newhouse <newhouse@pimin.rockhead.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/18/1999 10:16:44
Manuel Bouyer writes:

>Hi,
>Well, I've not been able to find enouth information to fully support
>the Promise IDE/Ultra-DMA boards in PCI IDE yet. I've been in touch
>with someone at Promise, but he didn't anserw to my last mail.
>He was not decided to provide me the docs about this board.
>I've looked at the FreeBSD and Linux drivers, but there isn't enouth
>informations here.
>
>I think these boards should work with the current pciide driver in PIO
>mode, although I didn't test them.
>Maybe someone could call Promise and convice them to release their docs ?

I have some docs for the PRomise card.  Don't know if they are the ones you
need or not?

    http://www.rockhead.com/udma.html

Please have a look and see if they can help.  I think "PDC20246.htm",
"PDC20247.htm" and "samples" are the likely candidates.  I did not have to
sign an NDA for this so it might not provide the details you need.

It's connected on a 28.8 connection so it will be a bit slow.  *8^)

Paul