Subject: Re: Half-topical: Thinkpad bootable from CD?
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <fessel@detemobil.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/17/1999 19:09:03
--==_Exmh_-1589640700P

In message <199903171804.MAA25319@guild.plethora.net>you write:
> >strange mapping in the bios.  I ran into the same problem but did not spend
> >much time on investigating given the fact that IBM doesn't freely give out
> >BIOS specs for ThinkPads (I just tried to locate docs on the web, din't ask a
> >representative).
>
> Weird.  I guess I could call 'em and ask for input.

That would be nice.  And while asking, it would be nice to have some tech info
ont the way the BIOS interacts with the SelectaDock.  I had to hardwire
devices in the kernel in order to boot while attached...

Grüße
        Oskar

--==_Exmh_-1589640700P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBNu/vv7A63tqjeAhZAQGzfwP/VXsWWG8EHuR6NfCosK8GryZHkjdbb6nq
p39x8P45XQb6AwNZ7JNBkVSJhdlxdfDn0tETIte32m1rmDkO3pLMW6Y/71Gx4BTW
FvGylrZQ6wcLAu+f2HIZqpnRDFpRHp+zqduXFGhLvOCH0qzttzaZqZqrCMAghhWG
amM9NiyR4zE=
=kFQr
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-1589640700P--