Subject: Re: pkgsrc wont let me download
To: None <dbsaint@bellsouth.net>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/13/1999 00:31:27
On Fri, Mar 12, 1999 at 10:19:37AM -0800, dbsaint@bellsouth.net wrote:
>      But when i try to use pkgsrc to ftp something I cant actually get ftp to
> enter 'passive' mode
from ../pkgsrc/share/mk.conf.example:

#PASSIVE_FETCH= 1               # Use ftp(1) in passive mode, for use behind
                                # filtering firewalls.
                                # (Set by default in ftp(1) in NetBSD-current)
                                # Possible: defined, not defined
                                # Default: not defined

>  I tried to enter an env var like :  ftp_proxy=ftp://ip.of.my.router
AFAIK this works only for http-proxys like squid. (Fetching ftp via http.)
I use this and have no problems with it.

>     I know theres a way to fix this, since there is a way to fix 'anything' in
> NetBSD.
8-)

Bye,
  Thilo.
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.