Subject: i386 bootcode II
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/12/1999 02:09:53
I've updated the bootcode and i386 startup code that takes care of matching
BIOS disks with NetBSD ones. As before, a bootimage of a floppy that
will just boot and execute a testprogram that prints out the geometries
and matches, plus the source that testprogram are in

	ftp.netbsd.org:pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/geometry

You can just take the floppy image and boot it. Or you can update your
-current sources, rebuild the bootblocks, install them, rebuild the
kernel, install it, reboot, build the testprogram (be sure to have
done 'make includes' in /usr/src/sys first), and run it.

If you are testing the 2nd time, let me know if the results are different
now. I'm still especially interested in SCSI disks, systems with
a large number of disks, and mixed IDE/SCSI systems.

Thanks,

- Frank