Subject: changes?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Matt <spore@psibercom.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/10/1999 12:56:56
I've been trying to compile ntpd 4.x for some time and a problem that I
thought was the ntpd code might be something in netbsd 1.3.x but i'm not
sure.

The reason I think this is that I had compiled xntpd 3-5.92 over a year
ago with no problem and now when I try to do it under netbsd 1.3 I get the
same problem.

Here's what happens in the latest ntpd version:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../include    -g -O2 -Wall -Wshadow
-Wwrite-strings -Wconversion -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual
-Wstrict-prototypes -pipe -c ntp_timer.c
ntp_timer.c: In function `init_timer':
ntp_timer.c:88: storage size of `itimer' isn't known
ntp_timer.c:88: warning: unused variable `itimer'

The man page for getitimer(2) seems to indicate this would be defined in
<sys/time.h>.  the thing is I don't have an old NetBSD <sys/time.h> to
do a comparison, and the ftp site seems to indicate these sources are
offline somewhere.

Has anyone seen this crop up or could someone send me a <sys/time.h> from
1.2?  thanks!

-matt

Matthew at psibercom					spore@psibercom.org
                 + Nyquist Theory and Soul Management +