Subject: Re: Problem with EXB-8200, AHA-2940, and i386
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: David Rankin <drankin@bohemians.lexington.ky.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/09/1999 13:16:12
On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 07:16:15AM -0800, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> It's a failing mode sense. Why it's failing with an illegal request seems
> odd. It's not supposed to be chatty.

> What release is this?

Sorry, I thought I put that in. 19981207 snapshot of current. Once we can
use the 19990305 snapshot, I intend to try it. Unfortunately, until I get a
new SCSI cable in place I won't have disk space to compile my own kernel.

And to answer the previous question, I have tried with tar, both on read
and write. The exact problem occurs even when attempting to do an
"mt rewind". It's the problem with mt that prompted this letter.

I don't think it's hardware, because I have a second EXB-8200 on loan, and
it behaves the same way. One other detail that I failed to mention: these
are IBM relabeled drives.

Thanks for all of the help.
David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr.     Husband, Father, and UNIX Sysadmin.
   Email: drankin@bohemians.lexington.ky.us   Address/Phone Number: Ask me.