Subject: RE: "Too many open files" hang in 1.3 and 1.3.3
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/03/1999 02:12:10
Zdenek Salvet wrote:

> You should check "fstat -p `cat /var/run/inetd.pid`" command I have
> recommended before. "Too many open files" error message says that
> *per process* descriptor limit is reached, not system limit.

Ah, OK. I misunderstood your previous message.

Lemme see, right now things are relatively slow (only 38 FTP users) and
inetd has 33 open files.

What controls the per process descriptor limit?
How can I see what the current value is and how can I increase it?

Thanks!

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2