Subject: RE: TNT-1.6 pkgsrc
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Eric Fox <eric@fox.phoenix.az.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/18/1999 13:36:47
On 18-Feb-99 Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

> Anyone volenteering to test this package? What is the procedure
> of getting this package integrated into the official package tree?
>

>From my pkg-tutorial, written by Tim Rightnour:

]
] Now..  tar up the pkg dir (after running make clean again!) and put the
] tarball in a globally accessable place, like your personal web-space.
]
] send-pr the new pkg..  The category would be pkg, non-critical, low and it
] is a change-request.  Describe the pkg briefly in the Description field,
] and add the URL of where you put the file in the fix: field.
]
] Now.. sit back and anxiously await the closure of your PR.  Sometimes it
] takes a little while for someone to get around to it.. don't worry, be
] patient..  The gnats database won't let us forget your pkg, it will haunt us
] until we add it.
]

  /\---/\  Eric J Fox
 /  o o  \ mailto:eric@fox.phoenix.az.us