Subject: ym trouble (Re: trouble generating sound with sb0)
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Ken Nakata <knakata@itpjp.co.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/17/1999 13:57:17
On Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:01:38 -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Feb 1999 06:08:49 +0900
>  Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp> wrote:
>  > How about "ym_isa" attachment?  NetBSD finds no isapnp device on my PC,
>  > so I guess I need "ym_isa" instead of "ym_isapnp".
>
> There's a ym_isa in the PR database that needs cleaning up.

Hmmm, I just built a kernel with the diffs in this PR (5722 if
anybody's interested), but

1) it didn't build cleanly (but this was ok..., I fixed it), and
2) the kernel doesn't work.

When I feed an MP3 file (known to play in other environments) to
mpg123 with this kernel, I get a very brief, faint scratchy noise when
mpg123 starts, and that's it.  Changing play.gain with audioctl doesn't
help.  As ps shows mpg123's status being 'I', I doubt this device is
working at all...

This is on a Toshiba Portege SS 3010.  Some other laptops (such as
Sony VAIO 505 series) seem to have a BIOS option to enable/disable the
Plug and Play features, but mine seems to lack such an option. *sigh*

Thanks,

Ken