Subject: cdrecord+ATAPI problem
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Federico Lupi <flupi@mclink.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/14/1999 01:20:47
I have an HP 8100 CD-Writer Plus (ATAPI) and I am trying to use it
with NetBSD 1.3.2 and cdrecord-1.6.1.
I try to burn a CD with
	cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=/dev/cd0d cdimage.raw
everything goes well until all the data has been written, then I get the
following output:

: Fixating
:
: wdc0(1): lost interrupt
: 	type: atapi
: 	c_bcount: 0
: 	c_skip: 0
: wdc_atapi_intr: controller busy
:
: cdrecord: Input/output error. close track/session: scsi sendcmd: retryable error
: CDB: 5B 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
: status: 0x0 (GOOD STATUS)
: cmd finished after 10.010s timeout 480s
: ...
: Fixating time: 10.215s
: cdrecord: Input/output error. prevent/allow medium removal: scsi sendcmd: retryable error
: CDB: 1E 00 00 00 00 00
: status: 0x0 (GOOD STATUS)
: cmd finished after 0.034s timeout 40s
: cdrecord: fifo had 6174 puts and 6174 gets
: cdrecord: fifo was 6 times empty and 5471 times full, min fill was 0%
:
: c_bcount: 0
: c_skip: 0
: wdc_atapi_intr: controller busy

The CD seems ok and I can read it on a different cd-rom drive.

BTW, it seems that cdrecord detects the CD-Writer Plus only after a boot.
After working for some time with X cdrecord reported a "Generic CD ROM"
and stopped.  After rebooting, cdrecord found the "mmc_cdr" again.

Thank you for your help,
Federico