Subject: Re: gnome core dumps
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/08/1999 01:06:14
In article <99020520363100.04169@hell>,
	Kid_Stealth@t-online.de (Jochen Schmidt) writes:
> I've tried to install gnome from the 1.3.3 packages

What did you precisely do, install an 1.3.3 binary package download
from "ftp.netbsd.org"?

> P.S I'm using NetBSD 1.3.2 (Is there a problem with using 1.3.3 pkg's ?)

No, 1.3.3 packages work under 1.3, 1.3.1 and 1.3.2, at least for the
i386 port.

About "gnome":
It's just buggy as hell and not well suited for anything except Linux yet.
And because every update required to fix a dozen bugs includes two dozen
news bugs my motivation to update is very low.

If you need a stable desktop right now use KDE 1.0. It's not perfect but
it works.

--
Matthias Scheler                                http://home.owl.de/~tron/