Subject: Re: color ??
To: None <dbsaint@bellsouth.net>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/07/1999 23:22:19
dbsaint@bellsouth.net writes:
> Well, since i first installed netbsd, i cant get more than yellow and white.
> The setup was in yellow/white
> and even BitchX irc client is in yellow and black... even vim with syntax
> highlighting is in yellow/white... what gives ? I know im missing something ..

First of all: are you using the console qua console, or are you
running X?

If you are using the console, it is really a question of whether the
applications you are running grok color or not. It is up to the
application. If it sends the right control characters to the console,
it gets whatever colors it wants. pcvt and wscons will handle any kind
of colors you can ask for.

It might be a question, of course, of what sort of curses library you
are linking against, since BSD curses doesn't understand
color support. However, we are about to import ncurses...

Perry