Subject: RE: JDK
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Schmidt <Kid_Stealth@t-online.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/05/1999 20:37:43
I've now used the jdk1.1.6 archive (the former was jdk1.1.6beta2) which seems
to be the newer. The files are complete ( as I can say) but I've the same
problems with xmlookat.  libvrml97 uses the jdk to embed a JVM into the
vrml-browser xmlookat (as vrml-scripting language).
I'm using lesstif 0.87.0 from the packages but I don't think that this is the
problem, because the motif-less ;)  version "lookat" behave like
"xmlookat".
But I think it could be a problem of libvrml97 because the
jdk-support doesn't seems to be stable. ( The other features including
JavaScript & sound works )

By the way, are some of you interested in a NetBSD-makefile for libvrml97.
(Someone could make a package out of it)

Thank's to you all for the fast response!

sincerely,

Jochen Schmidt