Subject: Re: Seg fault with sysinst and new (31/1) snapshot
To: Yoav Cohen-Sivan <yoavcs@inter.net.il>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <fessel@DeTeMobil.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/02/1999 16:00:58
--==_Exmh_753860242P

In message <01BE4EC1.820CBC80@localhost>you write:
> I downloaded the binary sets and floppies for the new snapshot, and am having trouble installing them.
>
> Basically, sysinst proceeds all the way through partitioning/disklabeling. But, once I answer 'yes' to the "this is your last chance to abort before disk changes are made prompt", I get the following error messages:
>
> 	uid 0 on /: file system full
> 	/: write failed, file system is full
>
> 	Segmentation fault
>
> And I am dropped into a shell.
>
> I have the sysinst.core file (around 40k) if anyone wants me to mail it.
> df shows the file system as only 93% full, including the sysinst.core file.

The same here using the cdrom-image on a pure scsi system.
Side note:  The ramdisk is only 1376 k, correct?

Grüße
        Oskar

--==_Exmh_753860242P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUANrcTKrA63tqjeAhZAQH9EwQAkWt/UFy7rKTGYfXm+07V66JS6qYKPuJo
/kLXq2vF/oYbeodwCUXDURKLboqTB6S73pkNvyzgx1zFEw1hqwPUg8g46HEUMUIe
+CnLV9wphNGXS/A38yh3xhH+nO6nfJKWRy2o4YJnigUGaDjVZQmlOnQpE0MUn4TP
bXbMfYNtT20=
=InAR
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_753860242P--