Subject: rendrib (Linux) aborts with "Bad system call"
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/31/1999 13:01:40
Hi,

I am using the Blue Moon Rendering Tools on NetBSD-1.3.3, the latest
version of it aborts, just after completing rendering, but before
printing some messages and statistics with an unimplemented
system call.

Here are the last messages of a ktrace output:

----------------------- begin ktrace output ---------------
[...]
  6964 rendrib  CALL  write(0x1,0x4830e000,0x26)
  6964 rendrib  GIO   fd 1 wrote 38 bytes
       "\rDone computing image.
       "
  6964 rendrib  RET   write 38/0x26
  6964 rendrib  CALL  #162 (unimplemented nanosleep)
  6964 rendrib  PSIG  SIGSYS SIG_DFL

What irritates me is that there is a nanosleep man page, and the
message seems to indicate that the kernel knows about the nanosleep
function, but it is not (yet?) implemented.

Is there anything I can do about this? This is not as such a real
problem, since rendering itself is completed successfully.

--
Bernd Sieker

Windows. Just say No.