Subject: Re: APM problems
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/29/1999 15:38:18
Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us> writes:

> PR#6279 (from Johan Danielsson) fixes the "hang on resume" on my
> Thinkpad 600; other than that, it's a pretty good machine.

I like it, but as far as I can tell, the APM bios is crap.

Things I have noted:

* you can't suspend the machine if there is power to any pcmcia card
  (this might be considered a feature)

* the standby and suspend (f3 & f4) buttons hangs the machine

* the freeze button (f12) works, but sometimes it sleeps again right
  after waking up (I think this is because the bios doesn't wait for
  the OS to acknowledge the sleep request, and then the apm code
  issues another sleep request after waking up)

/Johan