Subject: Re: Free Phone
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/27/1999 13:54:36
On Wed, Jan 27, 1999 at 09:45:58PM +1030, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> > Some time ago I asked about netphone software that would run under
> > NetBSD.  Free Phone is available for linux and freebsd and I guess
> > it might run under NetBSD's emulation.

> BTW: you may be able to request the source code via email from INRIA.
> I've done so and yet to receive a reply.

I e-mailed to them already, but haven't heard anything back so far.

Free Phone looks nice and simple to use (and it supports UNIX and win
platforms), so it would be nice to be able to run it under NetBSD.

Have you tried out the FreeBSD version on your system, btw?  I'm still
running 1.3F, maybe Free Phone would work on 1.3I (gotta install it
ASAP.. got too many things to do, sigh ;)

> They also distribute a CD-ROM which contains a number of very nice
> applications including SciLab, a package I use in place of MatLab.

Sounds nice.

  -jm