Subject: Re: Toshiba Libretto and NetBSD
To: Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/21/1999 21:33:19
On Thu, Jan 21, 1999 at 10:04:25PM +0000, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
> Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> |Caveat: The Libretto 50 requires at least the amount of memory in the machine
> |as empty space at the end of the disk; this space must be *completely
> |unallocated in the fdisk partition table*.  This required me to repartition
>
> Is this for standby/suspend ? Is this documented somewhere?

There's a semi-standard FDISK partition type for suspend-to-disk, but
the Libretto (nor any other Toshiba I've seen) doesn't use it, it just wants
totally unallocated space.

If it dosn't get it, it'll smash the first non-DOS partition it finds, or,
possibly (I never quire figured it out) a fixed offset from the front of
the disk.

You Have Been Warned. :-)

	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"