Subject: PCI card modem
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@pp.qnet.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/12/1999 15:18:14
I was thinking about buying a new modem to replace my old 14.4K and
obviously cheap, good and fast alternative is 56K PCI modem.

However, looking through kernel config file I could not find any
mention on com* support for PCI serial/modem cards or any other
support (besides cyclades or something) for PCI serial cards.

I use NetBSD 1.3.2 (have the 1.3.3 diffs, though) so is there any
chance of getting such a thing work with NetBSD? (NetBSD www site
supported hardware claims that there indeed is support for PCI
serial/modem cards as com* but as I said above...)

--
Arto Huusko
E-Mail : arto.huusko@pp.qnet.fi