Subject: IRQ sharing question
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/09/1999 17:06:39
Hi,
I was under the impression that the ISA bus always used edge triggered
interrupts, and that they were not sharable.  I thought it was pulse
triggered interrupts that could be sharable?  Can someone please explain,
or point me to somewhere with an explanation of IRQ sharing, specifically
which types of IRQs are sharable?

isa_machdep.c says that edge and level triggered interrupts are sharable
and pulse interrupts are not.  I'm beginning to suspect that this is
wrong.  I have searched the net for some details, but everything I find
says that the ISA bus uses edge triggered interrupts and they are NOT
sharable.

Thanks,
	Rick