Subject: Re: 100 MBit PCMCIA ethernet card
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/05/1999 14:12:45
On Tue, 5 Jan 1999 09:21:28 GMT
 christos@zoulas.com (Christos Zoulas) wrote:

 > This is not the answer to the question. 3c905B is PCI no PCMCIA.
 > The answer is probably not; most PCMCIA 100Mbit adapters that I've
 > encountered so far are cardbus, and we don't support cardbus (yet).

There are at least 2 100mbps PCMCIA Ethernet cards.  One is the 3c574,
which I took a stab at supporting, but it's not complete yet (i.e. doesn't
seem to work, and I don't have hardware with which to work on it further).

The other is one of the newer Xircom CreditCard models.  These are not yet
supported at all.

Apparently, there are also some NE2000 clone PCMCIA cards which will also do
100mbps.  It shouls be fairly easy to support these.

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 940 5942