Subject: Re: BIOS and CD-ROM problems
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/05/1999 14:00:25
drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de writes:
> The problem is probably that the clock code assumes that
> the BIOS stores the century in a certain position in the
> NVRAM. While this is true for most BIOSes, it is not a
> standard (if we speak about standards in PC world...).

I got the impression it *is* a standard. Ralf Brown's Interrupt List
gives no other use for that part of the CMOS, and I've not yet
encountered machines that don't use it that way. Are we sure there are
somet that don't? This was a fairly important little Y2K fix for some
people and I'd hate to think it wasn't actually doing the right thing.

Perry