Subject: Re: where is scon, cursor, etc.?
To: Mike Jenkins <mjenkins@carp.gbr.epa.gov>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/02/1998 12:56:31
> I installed netbsd 1.3.2 for i386 but can't find scon, cursor, ispcvt, etc.
> I installed base, comp, etc, games, kern, man, misc, and text (no x).
> I was wanting to change colors on the console.  Did I miss something?

Nope, they aren't there. When I tried switching to pcvt, I had to snoop around
in the kernel source (syssrc.tgz) and build them myself.

	/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/isa/pcvt/Util

I had enough problems with keyboard mapping however, that I eventually screwed
over my rc scripts trying to fix things and just flushed the system (nothing
serious lost, but it was annoying) to reset everything back. I don't need
virtual terminals enough, so I'll just wait for WSCONS.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com