Subject: COMPAT_LINUX and -current
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/24/1998 16:07:35
I can't run linux binaries on my -current kernel.  Or, rather, I can't
run particular linux binaries.  I'm currently running netscape with no
troubles, but when I try to run any of the programs I got from iXOS,
the kernel tries to run them from sh, so I get "./scsidevs: 1: Syntax
error: "(" unexpected".  File says the same thing about both files:

$ file /usr/local/jukeman/scsidevs /usr/local/netscape/netscape
/usr/local/jukeman/scsidevs:  ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
/usr/local/netscape/netscape: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1

So, what's the difference between these files?  How do I tell the
kernel to try and run scsidevs under Linux emulation?

Thanks in advance, and please email directory to me, since I don't
read this list.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu