Subject: Re: serial line problem
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@wsrcc.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/13/1998 10:03:17
bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr (Manuel Bouyer) writes:
> After a computer reboot, the UPS manager can't talk with the UPS: it seems able
> to send datas but never get anything back (at last it's was what krace
> showed).

Its almost certainly a bug in the tty init code of the ups-daemon that
you are running.  It took me a bit of playing around to get the tty
open/init stuff for upsd working under Netbsd. If you have sources,
grab the tty open/init code from the following tar file and splice it
into your program.  If you don't have sources and you have an APC
Smart UPS grab the following anyway and just run it. ;-)

	http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/ftp/upsd.tar.gz

or APC ups command info in general:

	http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/ups/

-wolfgang