Subject: Re: booting from an LS-120 drive...
To: Mike Pelley <mike@pelley.com>
From: None <rharden@squid.newwave.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/11/1998 14:34:14
On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Mike Pelley wrote:

> Both the hard drive and the LS120 are plugged into the initial IDE
> controller.  However...
>
> I did happen to update my BIOS to the latest version to get the LS120's to
> boot at all (Windows or NetBSD) so perhaps my BIOS is just a bit friendlier
> than most to NetBSD (after the upgrade)...
>
> Is there a BIOS upgrade available for your motherboard?
>
> Mike.

Ive noticed that newer bios'es will let you set the IDE device as a
LS-120 and not just a user defined 120 meg harddrive usually have no
problem booting NetBSD, or Linux from it.  But this is just from my
experience with ASUS and IWILL motherboards shoot me for not having the
bios manufacture/version handy.

		- Bob