Subject: RE: IRQ conflict
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/06/1998 08:31:09
On 06-Nov-98 der Mouse spoke unto us all:
#  This sure looks to me as though the P&P code allocated IRQ 5 to sb1
#  even though we1 was already using it.  But I know very little about
#  P&P; is it really up to the kernel to choose this?  (For we1 it is not;
#  that card has real jumpers for config.)

I've run into this before, and I'm not sure I can fix it.

The problem AFAIK is that the isapnp code has a separate "list" of used IRQ's,
than the isa code.  Which allows the isa code to pick something up, and then
the isapnp code to stomp on it.

I was never able to get this working on my machine.

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org