Subject: Re: stray interrupt 7
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/05/1998 16:04:09
Hmm..

Well, I wouldn't necesairly trust the kernel to know FOR SURE your IRQ
settings.  You should verify your hardware settings (BIOS Setup, jumpers,
and any software setup), and make sure what the kernel thinks is correct.
I believe that the stray interrupt warning is saying that it received an
interrupt, but it couldn't figure out what driver to pass it to (or
something there abouts).  I know I had the problem when both my sound-card
and paralell port were on IRQ 7 (because I didn't have any other free
ones).  Also, just because your not playing sound and nothing is hooked up
to your parallel port doesn't mean there won't be any interrupts.  I know
it happened to me under the same circumstances (no sound, nothing hooked
up to the parallel port), and moving my soundcard's IRQ to 5 fixed the
problem.

	Rick