Subject: Re: Interest in 19981006 X tarballs?
To: Duncan McEwan <duncan@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
From: Robert V. Baron <rvb@cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/05/1998 11:40:14
Duncan McEwan <duncan@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ> writes:

> Coincidently, I just posted a query to port-i386 asking if anyone has the
> redhat linux Neomagic X server binary running on NetBSD because I haven't
> managed to get it going.  I've been playing with the linux binary because I
> didn't think the source to the accelerated server was going to be available
> until the next XFree86 release.
I am using the commercial Xig neomagic server.  I have the freebsd
version and it works fine under netbsd.  The only trick (?) is to
just load the server and none of the other apps.  This way any
X programs that you build on other platforms (using standard NetBSD X
libraries) can be dropped on the laptop and will just work.