Subject: Re: audio not working?
To: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/26/1998 08:12:30
I have another board based on the OPL3-SA3 chip.  There was a bug in the
probe in -current a while back, which was fixed about October 10.  If you're
using an up-to-the-minute -current, the problem could be the IDE port on
the OPL3-SA3 chip, which our wd driver almost but not quite recognizes (and
probing it wrong seems to leave the chip's interrupt circuitry hosed).  In
this latter case, I'd try removing the wdc* line from your config file and
replacing it with explicit lines for the controllers you know you have
(you won't need to specify addresses, just enumerate wdc0 (and wdc1 if
needed)), and see if that helps.

If you're running 1.3.2, I don't know how old the ym driver is, or what
problems it might have had then.