Subject: Cyclades multi-serial
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: noud de brouwer <noud@knot.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/29/1998 14:42:29
howdy..my dial-in box just went down (after working for about 2years).
it does boot but when i expect login: it doesn't pop up.
the only thing it does is spinnning the disk at regular intervals
i can mount it as a second disk

i've looked at getty and some related to no aveal.
if any has an idea of what binary could be corrupted..

now that i have to rebuild the disk i'd might as well update the serial card.
luckely we now know a more modern multi port serial card..cyclades.

please can anyone confirm the
Part #        Model        Description                    Enduser1
1-TOPA-3010   CYCLADES-8Zo 8 ports, DB25, Octopus cable   $894
is usable as well?? at 115k2? ((highly expensive btw))

btw i recently fell of this list cause my name server was
mall configured.please reply to noud@knot.nl
thanx
~n