Subject: Re: Oops.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/29/1998 05:36:41
Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net> typed:
:I guess I built in the wrong order.  cc gets signal 12 if I put in the
:new libc.  Do I need a newer kernel first?

Ah, I had this.  Killed libc.so.12.32 and rebooted from a new kernel
before reinstalling lib.so.12.32 (though I think it's been bumped again
and is .33 now?) and I was off and running.  One problem - somewhat
major: (BTW, this is on i386 (PentII w/256MB))
  in usr.sbin/amd (I think it was usr.sbin/amd/amd):
  during ld (watching with top), memory usage spiraled, got to about 80MB,
  then dumped core - it stopped after about 480MB because the partition
  was full.  Can repeat on demand.

I haven't fully investigated it yet but when I do, I'll send-pr it if
there's nothing similar reported.
--
Geoff Wing   <gcw@pobox.com>            Mobile : 0412 162 441
Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/   Ego URL: http://pobox.com/~gcw/