Subject: Re: Oops.
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/28/1998 19:00:44
On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:

: > Well, partly the latter, but could you possibly give some error messages?
: > ...At the moment I'm `kinda maintainer' of the gnu stuff, as I currently am
: > doing the egcs/binutils/etc. integration.
:
: It was only a bootstrapping issue.  I needed to build in the gcc
: directory and do a "make install" there, then the compile of the full
: /usr/src/gnu succeeded.  At that point a compile of /usr/src
: succeeded.

There's lots of bootstrapping issues with src/gnu - and since i386 is
USE_EGCS by default now, it will need a 2-stage bootstrap from gcc 2.7. I've
tried to make that bootstrap as `clean' (i.e. non-bombing) as possible, so
if you run into issues there, please let me know again.

--
-- (generic .sig substitute made with aspartame)