Subject: Re: /emul/svr4 with Solaris/x86 2.6 /usr/lib
To: Paul J. Lavoie <pjl@plucky.openg.ilx.com>
From: Bill Squier <groo@guinness.cs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/17/1998 14:10:05
> Has there been any success with this? My attempts to use these libs, with the
> directions found in compat_svr4, has been a annoying failure. The results of
> a 'ktrace' results in:
> `
>    481 ktrace   RET   ktrace 0
>    481 ktrace   CALL  execve(0xefbfd0d3,0xefbfcfc4,0xefbfcfcc)
>    481 ktrace   NAMI  "/emul/svr4/usr/bin/ls"
>    481 ktrace   NAMI  "/emul/svr4/usr/lib/ld.so.1"
>    481 ktrace   NAMI  "/emul/svr4"
>    481 ktrace   NAMI  "/emul/svr4/usr/lib/ld.so.1"
>    481 ls       EMUL  "svr4"
>    481 ls       RET   execve JUSTRETURN
>    481 ls       PSIG  SIGSEGV SIG_DFL
>    481 ls       NAMI  "ls.core"

I know that at least one nameless person (unless they choose to reveal themselves) has started to look at the problem.  I suspect that Sun has tweeked something in 2.6 which busts our emulation.  Unfortunately, 2.6 is _all_ I have access to.

--
Bill Squier (groo@cs.stevens-tech.edu)
http://www.cs.stevens-tech.edu/~groo