Subject: /emul/svr4 with Solaris/x86 2.6 /usr/lib
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Paul J. Lavoie <pjl@plucky.openg.ilx.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/17/1998 12:48:36
Has there been any success with this? My attempts to use these libs, with the
directions found in compat_svr4, has been a annoying failure. The results of
a 'ktrace' results in:
`
   481 ktrace   RET   ktrace 0
   481 ktrace   CALL  execve(0xefbfd0d3,0xefbfcfc4,0xefbfcfcc)
   481 ktrace   NAMI  "/emul/svr4/usr/bin/ls"
   481 ktrace   NAMI  "/emul/svr4/usr/lib/ld.so.1"
   481 ktrace   NAMI  "/emul/svr4"
   481 ktrace   NAMI  "/emul/svr4/usr/lib/ld.so.1"
   481 ls       EMUL  "svr4"
   481 ls       RET   execve JUSTRETURN
   481 ls       PSIG  SIGSEGV SIG_DFL
   481 ls       NAMI  "ls.core"

Trying to use ld.so.1 from a 2.4 patch found on the net provided more success,
 as it actually gets some libraries loaded, but still death in the end,
probably due to library mismatches. I'm going to try Solaris 2.5 binaries
tomorrow once I get hold of the disk, but...

Any suggestions would be welcome (such as working combinations)...

-pjl

p.s. this is with 1.3 and 1.3G, with COMPAT_SVR4 and EXEC_ELF32 on, also with
COMPAT_LINUX having been turned on and off...

Paul J. Lavoie		pjl@ilx.com		(212) 510-3029
ILX Systems, Inc.	111 Fulton St		New York, NY  10038