Subject: Re: mouse for X
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/14/1998 13:06:23
[ On , September 13, 1998 at 19:28:06 (-0700), Michael Graff wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: mouse for X
>
> > 2) Make sure that you tell your XF86Config file that the mouse is NOT
> >    a PS2 mouse. Why? Because our PS2 driver translates PS2 protocol
> >    into normal mouse protocol.

Shouldn't XF86 be patched for NetBSD/i386 such that a PS2 mouse is *not*
an option (or rather that busmouse(4) is the *only* option, since all
i386 mouse drivers generate busmouse protocol)?

This kind of confusion will never end no matter how much you document it
and tell people about it, but if they don't even know they have the
choice they'll have less opportunity for confusion.

--
							Greg A. Woods