Subject: Re: rzsz transfer problem
To: Chris Rupnik <chrisr@geeknet.montreal.qc.ca>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/10/1998 01:34:46
>  However, from either machine, if i log and attempt to transfer a file
> via the rzsz package, it cannot transfer more than about 4k. I will get
> a flood of bad crc, and then the transfer will abort.

This is a symptom of a receiver ignoring the availability of hardware flow
control, and allowing its TTY buffers to overflow. Since it is still reading
chunks of characters (just not fast enough), there appear to be many bursts
of dropped characters, causing major runs of CRC errors.

Look for options in stty like 'crtscts' and turn them on before you run rz
or sz.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ wrs.com