Subject: minor pcvt(?) problem...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Eric McWhorter <ericm@xsis.xerox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/04/1998 10:54:23
Just thought I'd ask...

I have a dell optiplex gx1 computer (400 MHZ pentium II) running netbsd
1.3.2.  Occasionally, when I switch between virtual terminals the keyboard
hangs.  I can still login remotely on the computer, i.e. the computer is
not hung, just the keyboard (could be the mouse is also hung, don't know).
Is this a known problem?  Do I need a pcvt fix?  Is there a work around,
like telling pcvt to reset the keyboard somehow?  At this point I just
login remotely and reboot.  I haven't lost any work as a result (not yet,
anyway) so it's not a big deal.  It's just inconvenient.

Thanks!

Eric McWhorter
emcwhorter@xsis.xerox.com
Development Engineer, recovering Systems Administrator