Subject: Re: mozilla & lesstif vs. window managers
To: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>
From: Gary D. Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/02/1998 07:13:40
In Message <199809011835.OAA00563@kolvir.arlington.ma.us> ,
   John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us> wrote:

=>I tried running a different window manager (fvwm1), and the menus on
=>mozilla now work well enough to use the browser.  (previously, whenever
=>a menu pane was unmapped the browser would exit).
=>
=>Sounds like lesstif is a bit fragile given some window managers (I use
=>vtwm).

   I typically use fvwm1, and the mozilla/lesstif I build tends to
lock up the keyboard and windows when browsing through multi-level
bookmarks. I can't even shift pcvt virtual terminals to shut the
thing down.  Needless to say I'm still using Navigator.

                                      Gary D. Duzan
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computing Arts