Subject: Re: PCIC: PCI vs. ISA
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/26/1998 11:17:10
On Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:26:59 -0500
 Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:

 > I would _first_ try seeing if you have a setting in the BIOS for
 > "Plug and Play OS".  If you do, try turning it off.

It's also possible that the PCI PCIC is wired up to use ISA interrupts,
similar to how some PCI IDE controllers are wired up.  "Gotta love PCs."

 > I was planning on doing some CardBus stuff myself; I'd certainly
 > try creating an i82365 PCI attachment (can't hurt), but I think the
 > CardBus stuff would be preferrable.

You have to do a PCI PCIC attachment in order to do CardBus; you have
to provide the PCI DMA tag.

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 940 5942