Subject: Re: Mouse problems on a Dell Laptop (PS/2 Trackball)
To: Michael C. Ibarra <ibarra@hawk.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/24/1998 09:33:11
"Michael C. Ibarra" writes:
> Well I've finally gotten my laptop to run X, but now my mouse seems to
> just not want to leave the left side of my screen. I am currently using
> PS/2 for my pointer, however I have tried _all_ of the PS/2 type
> possibilities. Has anyone had similiar problems with a laptop and trackball
> or with a PS2 mouse?

You are probably making the classic error of telling the X server that
your mouse is a PS2 protocol mouse in the XConfig, which is wrong,
since the PS2 driver we use turns the mouse events into standard mouse
events. Confusing, isn't it?

Anyway, just tell your config file that it isn't a PS2 mouse and all
should suddenly work again.

Perry