Subject: X on a Dell laptop
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Michael C. Ibarra <ibarra@hawk.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/21/1998 15:40:55
Hello:

	Well I have finally gotten NetBSD 1.3.2 onto my Dell laptop, had to
perform the install via nfs :-( Now I am trying to run X and the last line
of output given by startx complains:

Fatal server error:
Cannot open mouse(no such file or directory)

	While I realize that I do not have a file named /dev/mouse, my question is
how do I create/symlink one? Unless I am reading the wrong docs, I have
been unsucessful in finding any doc explaining how this is done. My mouse
is actually a trackball but I mostly use an external PS2 mouse, however I
would like to be able to use both. My kernel does have support for a PS2
mouse and I see nothing in /dev/MAKEFILE regarding a file named mouse under
/dev. Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-mike