Subject: Re: Anyone ever install NetBSD on a Dell Laptop? (help...)
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/19/1998 11:01:38
On Wed, 19 Aug 1998 13:21:43 -0400
 "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> wrote:

 > > >Do these appear as ISA devices? PCI devices? PCMCIA devices? What type
 > > >of controller is it.
 >
 > > my scsi controller and my scsi cdrom do not appear at all.
 >
 > Yes, but is it SUPPOSED to be an ISA scsi/ethernet, or PCI, or what,
 > and what kind of controller is it?
 >
 > To figure out what is going wrong, we first have to know exactly how
 > the device is supposed to appear first.
 >
 > We also need to know if the bus in the expansion dock is on the other
 > side of a bridge, since you might not have your kernel configured to
 > understand that bridge.

I believe the "replicator port" (like a docking station) has an ahc-driver
compatible SCSI, and a 3c905B-TX Ethernet ... i.e. a DMA-only model.  Perhaps
it's a 3c905-TX (i.e. one what would work w/ the "ep" driver), but I'm not
100% certain on that point...  They are PCI devices, AFAIK.

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 940 5942