Subject: Re: NetBSD for shell acct. services
To: Claudio Leite <claudio@tux.org>
From: Marc Ackley <mackley@tht.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/17/1998 00:05:03
On Sun, 16 Aug 1998, Claudio Leite wrote:

> 	A friend and I are starting a new Internet services company, and
> one of our planned services are shell accounts. I would like to know a few
> things which I haven't seen anywhere: does NetBSD support DES or Blowfish
> encryption? A good encryption system is definately a plus. Also, is NetBSD
> secure against root attacks? Shell service providers are popular targets
> for root attacks. If anyone runs NetBSD on a shell server, please tell me
> how its been doing in terms of security.

	Well i am not sure about the encryptions. But Netbsd for security
is good the only thing i find you have to watch out for attack the take
out your internet connection and not hack the shell machine.  First most
people have never heard of netbsd so find way to get into isn't that easy.
Usually external program are what you have to watch out for.

> =
> Claudio P. S. Leite		| http://www.kreative.net/~leite (general)
> claudio@tux.org			| http://www.tux.org/~claudio (coding)

Marc