Subject: Re: 3Com 3c595 and 3c90x cards
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Greg Baldwin <drizzit@eskimo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/15/1998 00:25:12
On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> How many people out there have the various varieties of the PCI
> 3Com cards (but NOT the new -B cards)?  I'm completely rewriting
> the media selection code to use the new MII stuff if appropriate,
> and I need people willing to test drivers.  Please send me mail if
> you can help out.
>
> thanks!

I have one here at home, and have a few machines at work that will be
somewhat idle after next week that have various 3Com PCI Fast Ethernet
cards in them...

On a side note, I noticed that the 3Com NT/9x drivers for these cards from
3Com's own site not only have media selection to them, but also duplex
selection.  This comes in handy because a few of the switched port hubs
and routers we use sometimes don't kick the cards into full duplex like
they should when duplex mode is set to auto (yes yes, I know that the PCI
bus could never transfer data fast enough to fill up 200MBit/s, but thats
not the point!  8)

--
Greg Baldwin (drizzit@eskimo.com)       NT/3Com/Cisco network installation
Everett, WA - USA