Subject: Why does ?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/14/1998 16:33:57
I have two systems, one is a Mac C610, the other is a Gateway 486DX/33.
Both are running -current from Aug 8, 1998.  I get network access through
a cable modem.

The Mac has no problems with it, any site I connect to has high-speed
connections.  The PC on the other hand...

When I went to install KDE on the PC, the connections to ftp.us.kde.org
and www.ccil.org (giflib) would transfer 1 or 2K every few seconds, then
totally hang after about 30K or so.  Fetching the files from ftp.netbsd.org,
however, yielded 170K to 200K/second.  I did get the ssh files from the
master sites at about 20K/second or so.

Right now, while telnetted into eskimo, typing is very sluggish.  I'll be
typing along with no response for a few seconds, then suddenly a half-line
of text pops up.  And not all of the text I've typed, either.  When I
pause for a bit, there will be some lag in echoing the last few characters
until I hit another character.

Why does it do that?  Anybody have ideas on how I can fix it?

Thanks,
~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Hummingbirds never remember the words to songs.