Subject: Re: WINE?
To: Chris Cowdery <chris@cowdery.demon.co.uk>
From: Jeff Mitchell <skeezix@skeleton.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/11/1998 14:07:36
On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Chris Cowdery wrote:

> Apparently there is a product called WINE that is a 32bit version
> of WABI, which allows you to run 16bit Windoze apps on linux. I know
> this 'aint a linux group, but I would have thought it similar.

	Wine is not related to WABI; wine is a free "emulator" for
Windows, and attempts to do win16 and win32 and various libraries (ie: It
can run mIRC, which requires winsock). See www.winhq.com for details...

	Its reasonably compatible with lots of things but isn't really
stable..

		Jeff

-- Peter Jurasik as Crom, _Tron_