Subject: Re: PCIC interrupt selection
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@www.fundy.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/10/1998 22:16:16
On Mon, Aug 10, 1998 at 11:04:38PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> There is prior art for that. You can read the other free os sources and get
> ideas on how to do this.
>
> - You need to hack config not to compress the ioconf entries.

Without looking at the source to determine the meaning of 'compress' here,
is a fair corollary "Teach some stage of the bootstrap to understand that
compression"?

Will this solve the entire problem under discussion? It would make it possible
for people to reallocate resources, but does that handle every case for
PNP devices, and does it allow other things like the mask to be set?

>From the autoconf stuff I've looked at before I never saw it there, but I
may have been elsewhere in the code.

> - You need to add a small line parser to the kernel.

Great! Syntax arguements come next ;-)

								David