Subject: Re: PCIC interrupt selection
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/10/1998 13:59:46
On Mon, 10 Aug 1998 17:11:59 -0400
 Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:

 > Jason, I guess I don't remember that email.  Could you please reiterate
 > it?  I can't promise I'd do it, of course, but I could at least think
 > about it.

the idea is that the boot time config stuff I started on actually be
rounded out.  This means changing config to not compact locators, etc.,
adding the ability to compile in a driver, but leave it "disabled", etc.

And then the UI work if the option is present in the kernel to include
that code.

Then things like the pcic driver could key off a RB_* flag and prompt
for the various parameters that it needs.

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 940 5942