Subject: Re: X start problems
To: Calum Mackay <cmackay@alconemg.com>
From: Joel Reicher <joel@panacea.null.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/10/1998 18:35:39
> Dear all,
>
>    I have just installed NetBsd 1.3(i386) and de-compressed the X tgz
> files manually from / . I've added /usr/X11R6/lib and /usr/X11R6/bin
> to my PATH but when i run xinit i get the following error:
>
> /usr/libexec/ld.so: xinit: libXmu.so.6.0: No such file or directory
>
> i have looked for the libXmu... file and added the dir to my PATH but
> it still will not run....

Your PATH is only used for executables that you run. libXmu.so.6.0 is a
shared library and it's ld.so that goes searching for it, so you need to
put this in ld.so's path. You do this with either the ldconfig command
line or putting /usr/X11R6/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf which ldconfig will scan
at boottime.

See the man page for ldconfig.

	- Joel